On November 6, 2012, we will hold a General Election in Virginia. Your last day to register for this election is October 15, 2012. This is an important election.
- We will be choosing a U.S. senator and all our representatives in the House of Representatives.
- We will be voting on an amendment to our state constitution, the Eminent Domain Amendment. The measure would prohibit eminent domain from being used for private enterprise, job creation, tax revenue generation or economic development, thereby restricting it to only being invoked to take private land for public use.
- The Occoquan District will be choosing a member for the School Board.
Where can you find information?
- The Virginia State Board of Elections helps to run elections. Their work includes providing voter information. Because of redistricting, all of us need to verify where we will vote and what will be on our ballot. In addition, if you expect to be out of the county on election day, you may wish to apply for an absentee ballot
- Here (courtesy of the State Board of Elections) is a list of the offices and the candidates that pertain to Prince William County. Note that the list includes links candidate websites.
For more information check out 2012 GENERAL ELECTION IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY.