Supporting family values in Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park
Welcome to the website of the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance (PWMFA). We are a grassroots organization of citizens of Prince William County and the independent cities of Manassas and Manassas Park, Virginia, dedicated to supporting and promoting the values inherent in the concept of family. Learn more about us.
Where they stand
- The principal goal of the Family Alliance is to help Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park voters learn more about candidates seeking to represent them in public office. Our focus is especially directed at the County and City school boards, the Board of County Supervisors and Manassas and Manassas Park City Councils. We also concentrate on State legislative candidates with the aim of informing the voting public on where candidates stand regarding key issues affecting the family.
Here are some of the projects we are currently undertaking:
- We’re soliciting the positions of candidates seeking local public offices in both the General and Primary elections in the 2019 election cycle.
- We maintain an active website (www.familyallianceonline.org) to draw attention to school issues, elections and the need for Christian leadership on issues affecting the family.
- We seek to build a network of church contacts throughout Prince William and the two cities (Manassas and Manassas Park) with the aim of promoting the institution of the family and an educated electorate.
- We hold candidate forums/interviews to give pastors and candidates an opportunity to explore the views of candidates or potential candidates.
Some of our Achievements
- Led the successful campaign for the Marriage Amendment in 2006, carrying Prince William County and Manassas by a larger margin than statewide.
- Led the successful fight against off-track betting in Manassas Park in 2004.
- Distributed Voter Guides to Prince William County churches area.
- Successfully promoted internet filtering in public libraries and abstinence-based family life education.
Affect Public Policy – Help Us Protect our Community
Support our efforts! Visit our “Get Involved” section to join the PWMFA or to make an “online” contribution.