Before Christmas, we examined a bill that Delegate Bob Marshall proposed. That was in the post, WHAT CAN WE DO TO PROTECT OUR HEALTH CARE? With the Christmas holidays behind us, we need to check on the status of the bill. Thus, here is a survey on media response to HB 10, the Virginia Health Care Freedom Act.
So far the news media response is tepid.
- InsideNoVA.com has this piece, Marshall introduces health bill. This is a brief discription of the bill.
- goDANRIVER.com focused on the Danville Tea Party Patriots, Danville TEA Party Patriots plan for future. In support of two bills, including Marshall’s, the Patriots plan to rally in Richmond, Virginia on January 18.
Two bills have been filed in Virginia to protect 10th Amendment rights, one by Delegate Robert G. Marshall, R-13th District — House Bill 10, the Health Care Freedom Act, which “Protects an individual’s right and power to participate or to decline to participate in a health care system or plan” — and another by Delegate Charles W. Carrico Sr., D-67th District — House Bill 69, which states that firearms “made in Virginia and retained within the borders of Virginia are not subject to federal law …” (from here)
- The Tenth Amendment Center is enthusiastic, Let Them Eat Health Care. This post is worth visiting just to see a funny bit of photoshopping.
- The Family Foundation Blog notes that Marshall’s bill is gaining support in the General Assembly, Can The States Stop Nationalized Health Care? Bob Marshall Says, “Yes”.
- The Virginia Tea Party Patriots also affirms Marshall’s bill is gaining support, Tea Party gaining traction on 10th Amendment bills in Virginia House of Delegates.
- Virginia Tomorrow carries a brief mention of Marshall’s bill in The Virginia Scorecard, 1-03-10.
- Citizen Tom provides more details about the Tea Party planned to support 10th Amendment on January 18th in Richmond, A TEA PARTY FOR THE 10TH AMENDMENT.
- The Lees Brothers Blog is supportive, HB 10.
- ResistNet.com is supporting the January 18th rally in Richmond too, VIRGINIA 10TH AMENDMENT REVOLUTION.
- And so forth
So what is the point? There is considerable noise on the Internet about Marshall’s bill, but the big media has yet to get the word. To get any 10th Amendment related legislation out of the General Assembly will take strong public pressure. Please let your neighbors know about Marshall’s effort, and please do what you can to help.
Unless we are good followers, good leadership will do us little good.