The education of boys at distant great schools, of young men at distant colleges, of young ladies in distant nunneries and boarding-schools, seems, in the higher ranks of life, to have hurt most essentially the domestic morals, and consequently the domestic happiness, both of France and England. Do you wish to educate your children to be dutiful to their parents, to be kind and affectionate to their brothers and sisters? put them under the necessity of being dutiful children, of being kind and affectionate brothers and sisters: educate them in your own house. From their parent’s house they may, with propriety and advantage, go out every day to attend public schools: but let their dwelling be always at home. Respect for you must always impose a very useful restraint upon their conduct; and respect for them may frequently impose no useless restraint upon your own. Surely no acquirement, which can possibly be derived from what is called a public education, can make any sort of compensation for what is almost certainly and necessarily lost by it. Domestic education is the institution of nature; public education, the contrivance of man. It is surely unnecessary to say, which is likely to be the wisest. (from here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- YOU DEPENDED UPON THE NEWS MEDIA? October 17, 2021
- VOTE AS IF YOUR CHILDREN’S LIVES DEPEND ON IT October 14, 2021
- YOUNG LADY, YOU ARE NOT A MALE! October 14, 2021
- THE EVIL OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS — PART 5 October 13, 2021
- ADDITIONAL VOTER GUIDES October 12, 2021
- Candidates for House of Delegates Districts 13 & 50 Forums — Debates Sponsored PWC100 October 12, 2021
- THE CANDIDATES FOR HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT 13 October 11, 2021
- THE EVIL OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS — PART 4 October 10, 2021
- 2021 CHRISTIAN VOTER GUIDES October 7, 2021
- THE CANDIDATES FOR HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT 2 October 6, 2021