The education of boys at distant great schools, of young men at distant colleges, of young ladies in distant nunneries and boarding-schools, seems, in the higher ranks of life, to have hurt most essentially the domestic morals, and consequently the domestic happiness, both of France and England. Do you wish to educate your children to be dutiful to their parents, to be kind and affectionate to their brothers and sisters? put them under the necessity of being dutiful children, of being kind and affectionate brothers and sisters: educate them in your own house. From their parent’s house they may, with propriety and advantage, go out every day to attend public schools: but let their dwelling be always at home. Respect for you must always impose a very useful restraint upon their conduct; and respect for them may frequently impose no useless restraint upon your own. Surely no acquirement, which can possibly be derived from what is called a public education, can make any sort of compensation for what is almost certainly and necessarily lost by it. Domestic education is the institution of nature; public education, the contrivance of man. It is surely unnecessary to say, which is likely to be the wisest. (from here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- BOOK REVIEW: THE TYRANNY OF BIG TECH BY SENATOR JOSH HAWLEY — Part 3 July 28, 2021
- WHEN EQUITY AND INCLUSION BECOME AN EXCUSE FOR DIVISION — THE EXTENDED DEADLINE July 27, 2021
- Abortion: Do You Give a Woof? July 27, 2021
- THE MOST COSTLY GIFT July 25, 2021
- WHEN EQUITY AND INCLUSION BECOME AN EXCUSE FOR DIVISION July 22, 2021
- WHEN DOES “ANTIRACISM” BECOME INSTRUCTION IN POLITICAL ACTIVISM AND BIGOTRY? July 16, 2021
- CRT: What Can You Expect if You Oppose It? July 15, 2021
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO FIGHT? July 13, 2021
- Has CRT Come to Prince William County Schools? July 12, 2021
- CRT: Challenge Racist Teaching! July 8, 2021