The education of boys at distant great schools, of young men at distant colleges, of young ladies in distant nunneries and boarding-schools, seems, in the higher ranks of life, to have hurt most essentially the domestic morals, and consequently the domestic happiness, both of France and England. Do you wish to educate your children to be dutiful to their parents, to be kind and affectionate to their brothers and sisters? put them under the necessity of being dutiful children, of being kind and affectionate brothers and sisters: educate them in your own house. From their parent’s house they may, with propriety and advantage, go out every day to attend public schools: but let their dwelling be always at home. Respect for you must always impose a very useful restraint upon their conduct; and respect for them may frequently impose no useless restraint upon your own. Surely no acquirement, which can possibly be derived from what is called a public education, can make any sort of compensation for what is almost certainly and necessarily lost by it. Domestic education is the institution of nature; public education, the contrivance of man. It is surely unnecessary to say, which is likely to be the wisest. (from here)
2019 General ElectionGeneral Assembly (House and Senate) and most County OfficesNovember 5th, 201979 days to go.
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- RESURRECTING THE EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENT — PART 1 August 14, 2019
- ONLY NATIONAL ELECTIONS REALLY MATTER… August 12, 2019
- THE NEW FEMINISM? WOMEN DON’T EXIST? August 8, 2019
- EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS PARENTS August 7, 2019
- BIAS IN THE NEWS MEDIA: UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS BY MARK R. LEVIN August 6, 2019
- STATUS OF American Family Association Action (AFA Action) IVOTERGUIDE August 6, 2019
- BE A PROACTIVE PARENT August 5, 2019
- WHO IS RUNNING FOR THE PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD? — PART 2A July 31, 2019
- BE A WISE VOTER—! July 31, 2019
- AN UNFORTUNATE POLICY CHANGE IN ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS July 30, 2019
Posts I Like
- #ProLife #unborn "Immigrants deserve respect, he said. The unborn? Not so much." therepublicanstandard.com/democrat-del-l… 1 week ago
- #Caturday This is obviously a flawed study. Cats just don't understand Japanese. twitter.com/carterforva/st… 1 week ago
- You are right to be a bit skeptical. A statistical study of a feeling? How do we accurately measure a feeling? We d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- #PWCSSchoolBoardElection Check out Doris' latest @ our website. familyallianceonline.org/2019/08/05/be-… 1 week ago
- #ChristianRevival Lots of us pray for a revival, but where does a revival begin? We must each first pray God will r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago