It ain’t over until it is over, but it is nice to get off to a good start. What’s the big news?
Judge Permits Virginia Health Care Law Challenge to Continue
The state of Virginia can continue its lawsuit to stop the nation’s new health care law from taking effect, a federal judge ruled Monday.
U.S. District Court Judge Henry Hudson said he is allowing the suit against the U.S. government to proceed, saying no court has ever ruled on whether it’s constitutional to require Americans to purchase a product. (continued here)
Thus, Virginia can sue to stop Obamacare.
Here are some reports from area blogs. There is stark partisanship.
- Virginia, Cuccinelli Win Round One Against ObamaCare!
- A SMALL VICTORY!
- Virginia’s AG Cuccinelli on FoxNews at 10 PM
- Virginia wins first round in federal health care battle in Va.
- Liberty – 1, Government – 0
- The White House responds to Cuccinelli’s law suit against health care reform
- The rise of the confounding conservative
- Activist Conservative Bush-Appointed Judge Lets Cooch’s Healthcare Lawsuit Go On
Both our governor and lieutenant governor issued words of support.
- Cuccinelli’s health care lawsuit moves forward, McDonnell sounds off
- STATEMENT of LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR BILL BOLLING on HEALTH CARE RULING