What is the latest from the General Assembly? Here are links to some news articles.
SB 924: Hospitals, nursing homes, etc.; regulations required of Board of Health – This bill requires the Board of Health to promulgate regulations containing minimum standards for policies related to infection prevention, disaster preparedness, and facility security of hospitals, nursing homes, and certified nursing facilities. Because the bill subjects abortion clinics to regulation, it has gotten lots of publicity.
- Abortion law has passed, but many questions remain from the DailyPress.com
- Virginia assembly says abortion clinics should be regulated as hospitals from the Washington Post
HB 2063: Protective orders; expands class of persons eligible to obtain – This law expands the class of people eligible to obtain a protective order.
- Virginia lawmakers OK protective order expansion from NECN
- General Assembly notebook: Protective-order measure passed by Senate panel from roanoke.com
General Information on bill: Here are some articles that cover the current status of legislation
- Va. legislation passed and failed from NECN
- House job bills sent to governor from nvdaily.com
- Notes from the General Assembly from fairfaxtimes.com
- Virginia House asks Congress to act on EPA regulations from Bluefield Daily Telegraph
Extended Session: Republicans control the House of Delegates whereas Democrats control the Senate. Therefore, we risk deadlock.
- Virginia legislators foresee session overtime to wrap up budget tweaks from the Washington Post
- Budget negotiators still split on police, higher education from the Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Lawmakers agree on VRS deal from The Daily Progress
House/Senate Budget Battle: General Information on the status of budget negotiations
- Virginia lawmakers limp toward finish from the washingtonexaminer.com
- General Assembly will extend its regular session from theWashington Post
- Fact Check: VA Democrat’s claim about Republican budget cuts from WSLS10
- Lawmakers Remain at Odds in Richmond from nbc29.com