Not certain our voter guides are all you need. Below are some other places you can go. Note that we do not necessarily agree with the positions taken by these organizations. However, we do believe that to be informed is to be forearmed. With that qualification, we have provided links to voter guides that apply to elections around the Virginia Commonwealth.
Note that many of the folks that operate these guides will ask for your address. To some extent, that is a perfectly legitimate request. What is on your ballot depends upon where you live. Moreover, everything costs money, even the preparation of voter guides. However, since you probably don’t want all these websites requesting donation, where necessary and possible, I have posted a direct link.
- Judeo-ChristianVoterGuide.com links to voter guides around the nation.
- The Family Foundation has an article you should see, 2012 Virginia Voter Guides Are Here!
- The Heritage Alliance provides a 50-STATE VOTER GUIDE. Here is a link to all of the races in Virginia.
- The Christian Coalition of America provides 2012 Voter Guides. Here is a direct link.
- WallBuilders provides Election Resources and Information.
- 2012 California Election Forum provides a good comparison between the presidential candidates here.
- Fairmount Christian Church provides a Voter Awareness webpage.
- The Pray In Jesus Name Project provides free Church Voter Guides.
- The Catholic Diocese of Arlington has a Religious Liberty webpage.
- Human Life International, a Catholic organization, provides Catholic Voter Guides.
Late Addition (11/02/2012)
- Liberty Counsel provides a guide on the U.S. Senate race.
- Faith & Freedom Coalition has a Voter Guide for each state.
- Priests for Life has a Political Responsibility Center that includes links to voter guides
Note that stating and standing by one’s opinion will draw fire, and Christian Coalition of America is a favorite target. Here are a few examples.
- 3 Big Lies in Religious-Right ‘Voter Guide’ Hitting 13 Million Cell Phones at AlterNet (appeared later at Salon.com here)
- Christian Voter Guide 2012 Presidential Election at SkepticMoney
What is the proper response to such articles? Well, everyone has an agenda. So bias must be assumed. If you doubt the accuracy of a voter guide, check out some its claims. Just keep in mind that the critics also have their biases. Sometimes the accuser is the one who lies.
Note that you can find election information directly relevant to Prince William County at this webpage, 2012 GENERAL ELECTION IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY.