Because maintaining a website and writing post involves a considerable amount of time, between elections we allow this website to go dormant. Do we only pay attention to politics at election time? No, but the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance exists primarily for one purpose. We put out voter guides relevant to local elections.
Why do we issue vote guides? How we each vote expresses a moral choice. Our choice of leaders demonstrates the moral character of our people. Unfortunately, we do not always make good moral choices. Jesus expressed the difficulty of making a proper moral choice in this parable.
Matthew 7:13-14 New Life Version (NLV)
Jesus Teaches about Two Roads
13 “Go in through the narrow door. The door is wide and the road is easy that leads to hell. Many people are going through that door. 14 But the door is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life that lasts forever. Few people are finding it.
With the vote guides we issue in each election, we strive to help our fellow citizens and each other choose the narrow door. We focus on the following issues.
- LIFE: Human life, from fertilization to natural death, is sacred, and the right to life is fundamental to all other rights.
- MARRIAGE: Marriage, as the union between one man and one woman, is an institution of God and a foundation of civil society.
- PARENTAL AUTHORITY: Parents are ultimately responsible for the care and well-being of their children and therefore should be free from intrusive government involvement.
- CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT: The role and jurisdiction of government is clearly prescribed by our constitution and consequently should be restrained from excessive involvement in the lives of citizens.
- RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: the right of conscience, and the right practice faith according to personal beliefs is sacred and should not be infringed or denied.
We welcome assistance. Please Get Involved.