Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going — except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives’ right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity. (continued here)
2019 General ElectionGeneral Assembly (House and Senate) and most County OfficesNovember 5th, 2019VOTE!
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- ARE YOU PART OF THE PROBLEM? November 18, 2019
- IS COMMONSENSE ENOUGH? November 16, 2019
- VICTIMS OR HEROES — HOW DO YOU SEE OTHER PEOPLE? November 13, 2019
- AND SO JEREMIAH CRIED November 7, 2019
- RESULTS OF THE 2019 ELECTION IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY November 6, 2019
- GETTING READY FOR NOVEMBER — PART 4 November 4, 2019
- THE FALLACY OF TRANSGENDERISM — PART 6 November 3, 2019
- SOCIALISM AND CIVIL WAR — PART 3 November 2, 2019
- THE FALLACY OF TRANSGENDERISM — PART 5 October 31, 2019
- IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT? IS OUT-OF-STATE MONEY A GOOD THING? October 29, 2019
Posts I Like
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.