Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going — except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives’ right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity. (continued here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- IMPLICATIONS FOR VIRGINIA OF THE ILLINOIS REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ACT November 24, 2020
- CONTINUE SCHOOL RE-ENTRY, PLEASE! November 23, 2020
- A ROAD MAP FOR HOW TO CHEAT November 23, 2020
- WAS THE ELECTION RIGGED? WHY DOES IT MATTER? — PART 3 November 22, 2020
- WAS THE ELECTION RIGGED? WHY DOES IT MATTER? — PART 2 November 21, 2020
- WE DON’T WAR AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD! November 20, 2020
- Trump Campaign Legal Team Holds Press Conference in DC 11/19/20 November 19, 2020
- WAS THE ELECTION RIGGED? WHY DOES IT MATTER? — PART 1 November 19, 2020
- A RESOURCE: Latest Developments in “Sex Education” and Parent Resources November 12, 2020
- VETERANS DAY 2020 November 11, 2020