Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going — except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives’ right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity. (continued here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- SHOULD YOUR CHURCH BE MEETING DURING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC? September 17, 2020
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE BLESSED? September 15, 2020
- VOTE FOR LIFE! September 14, 2020
- HOW SHOULD WE VIEW THE WORLD? September 13, 2020
- Now “If Only?” King Solomon Blog — reblogged September 12, 2020
- when did respect die??? — reblogged September 12, 2020
- WHEN DOES REFUSING TO ADMIT A MISTAKE BECOME EVIL? September 11, 2020
- Prince William County School Board Selected Highlights, September 2, 2020 September 9, 2020
- WHAT A DIFFERENCE THEY WOULD HAVE MADE! September 8, 2020
- CALL THE POLICE? OVER A TOY GUN? SERIOUSLY? September 8, 2020
Posts I Like
- RT @wusa9: Manassas residents push back against proposed asphalt plant wusa9.com/article/news/l… 1 week ago