Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going — except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives’ right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity. (continued here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- VIRGINIA TRANSGENDER SCHOOL POLICY IS FINAL March 7, 2021
- ELECTION 2021: CANDIDATE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR THE POTENTIAL NOMINEES March 4, 2021
- EVERYONE LOVES A RAINBOW—or do they? March 2, 2021
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CHRISTIANS FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THEIR ROLE IN GOVERNMENT? — PART 3 February 28, 2021
- DO YOU CARE ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR CHILDREN? February 27, 2021
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CHRISTIANS FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THEIR ROLE IN GOVERNMENT? — PART 2 February 24, 2021
- CANCELING WESTERN CIVILIZATION IN THE NAME OF TOLERANCE? February 22, 2021
- TEACHERS UNIONS FIGHTING TO KEEP OUR SCHOOLS CLOSED February 20, 2021
- Prince William County School Board Highlights – RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM ENSUES FEBRUARY 25 AND 26 February 19, 2021
- WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? February 18, 2021