Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going — except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives’ right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity. (continued here)
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
Are you registered to vote?
Do you know where to vote?
Check the Virginia Department of Elections‘ website.
- POLITICAL HUMOR June 19, 2021
- BOOK REVIEW: THE TYRANNY OF BIG TECH BY SENATOR JOSH HAWLEY — Part 1 June 16, 2021
- TAKING BACK OUR SCHOOLS — NO QUICK FIX (June, 15 2021) June 15, 2021
- IF IT IS SO FUNNY, WHY ISN’T ANYONE LAUGHING? June 13, 2021
- RESULTS FROM THE JUNE 8TH PRIMARY ELECTION June 10, 2021
- A LEADER OR AN INSTIGATOR? June 2, 2021
- TIME FOR BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS TO STUDY THEIR CANDIDATES May 31, 2021
- SCHOOL BOARD APPROVES EQUITY STATEMENT May 27, 2021
- WHY DO WE CELEBRATE ON MEMORIAL DAY? May 25, 2021
- HONOR AND THE RULE OF LAW May 24, 2021
- Ken Cuccinelli & Abraham Hamilton III: Last Call For Liberty Registration, Fri, May 21, 2021 at 7:30 PM | Eventbrit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago