Because of the large number of offices to be filled this year (see WHAT ELECTIONS ARE COMING IN 2019? — PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY), politics in 2019 will be especially complicated. That includes a special election on April 2, 2019 for the member Prince William County Board of Supervisors representing the Neabsco District (see Upcoming Elections, Virginia Department of Elections).
Why the special election? Supervisor John Jenkins died on February 6th.
- Longest-serving Prince William Co. Supervisor John Jenkins dies (wtop.com)
- Prince William mourns Supervisor John Jenkins (insidenova.com)
- Supervisor John D. Jenkins Passes (pwcgov.org)
As the articles below indicate, because Jenkins had more than 180 days remaining on his term of office, state law requires a special election to fill the seat.
- Special election would fill Neabsco District seat (insidenova.com)
- Special Election needed to fill vacancy on Prince William Board of County Supervisors (bullrunnow.com)
To Be Continued
- Part 2: How Will Republicans Nominate Their Candidates
- Part 3: How Will Republicans Will Nominate Their Candidates