Here is a news story that has not gotten much attention. Why? Our news media is owned by our patrician elites. These people have no problem reducing the wages of the masses, the peons.
We also elect lots of deceitful people, people we have let buy our votes. So we have to look for the story in the alternative media.
- House to Vote on Misnamed “Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act” (H.R. 1044) and Fact Sheet on HR 1044, Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act (cis.org)
- H.R.1044 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019 (congress.gov): Want to know if your congressman is supporting this chicanery? Check => here.
- House Sets Tuesday Vote on Green Card Giveaway to 300,000 Indian H-1B Contract Workers (breitbart.com)
- Good news for Indian techies holding H1B visa: US Congress to vote on bill to remove country-cap on Green Card (financialexpress.com)
- US Congress to vote on bill to remove 7% country-cap on green card, Indians may benefit (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
Where did I hear about this story? What is this story? On WMAL’s Mornings on the Mall this morning (Here is a link to the audio.).
What’s the story about?
- American tech companies want undermine wages in this country by hiring less expensive tech workers from India.
- Our Congress is perfectly willing to sell immigration policy to the highest bidder, the donors most willing to finance their campaigns, if they can get something in return. This is one of the reasons our immigration policy is a complete farce.
Call Congress and tell them what you think. Find your Congressmen at house.gov. Here are some suggestions.
- India is a fine country, but we don’t need all our new citizens to come from there. Whatever happened to that idea of diversity? Did it get lost in the search for campaign donations?
- The people who already live here as citizens have invested lots of time and energy making America a good and prosperous place. We want our family, friends, and neighbors to benefit, not a bunch of people who have yet to become loyal to us and our country. Undermining the wages of the American people is not good family policy.
- If our immigration policy is not good for Americans, in the long run it won’t be good for anyone else. When we allow people immigrate to this country, we should be looking for people who love this country, people who can bring skills and ability that will excite new industry, not depress our wage scales.
Then think about what is going on here. Think about this brazen abuse of power. They think we are stupid. Are they right?
Sadly, we cannot trust the people we elect to be on our side. They are too ambitious. They may think highly of themselves, but they are just human beings and subject to temptation. Therefore, the more power we give the people we elect, the more they will abuse it.
Luke 16:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.
We also are only human. The more power we give the people we elect, the more difficult it will be for us to figure out how they are abusing that power. Hence, when our leaders offer to solve our problems for us, we must consider the wisdom of trusting them. In particular, when our leaders offer us when they have no right to give, we must refuse them and choose someone else. For our right to vote may be a small thing, but we must exercise it faithfully with respect to duty, country, and God.
Pingback: THIS BILL STINKS – Citizen Tom
I dont think we Amerians are stupid. We are just fools.
For example, if we were wise, we would not allow Congess to make US citizens children and themselves go into debt to pay to obtain skills and then preventt hem from paying off their school loans by granting work visas to children from other countries.
Regards and goodwill blogging
The distinction between stupid and foolish is a subtle one.
You stated, “The distinction between stupid and foolish is a subtle one.”
In my opinion, there is a very distinct difference between the word meanings of s stupid and fool depending on the subject or circumstances.
I will write a blog post to give one example why we Americans are fools on the subject of school choice to allow government to make stupid decisions that affect our children and our pocketbooks.
In other words, we Americans are fools to allow government to control what are parent’s Rights and Responsibilities and are now experiencing the results of this folly.
You can decide if we Americans are stupid or fools after you discern the information and present circumstances.
Regards and good will blogging.
Pingback: THE SNEAKY PEOPLE IN THE SENATE ARE UP TO NO GOOD TOO! | Prince William-Manassas Family Alliance