We also elect lots of deceitful people, people we have let buy our votes. So we have to look for the story in the alternative media.
- House to Vote on Misnamed “Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act” (H.R. 1044) and Fact Sheet on HR 1044, Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act (cis.org)
- H.R.1044 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019 (congress.gov): Want to know if your congressman is supporting this chicanery? Check => here.
- House Sets Tuesday Vote on Green Card Giveaway to 300,000 Indian H-1B Contract Workers (breitbart.com)
- Good news for Indian techies holding H1B visa: US Congress to vote on bill to remove country-cap on Green Card (financialexpress.com)
- US Congress to vote on bill to remove 7% country-cap on green card, Indians may benefit (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
What’s the story about?
- American tech companies want undermine wages in this country by hiring less expensive tech workers from India.
- Our Congress is perfectly willing to sell immigration policy to the highest bidder, the donors most willing to finance their campaigns, if they can get something in return. This is one of the reasons our immigration policy is a complete farce.
Call Congress and tell them what you think. Find your Congressmen at house.gov. Here are some suggestions.
- India is a fine country, but we don’t need all our new citizens to come from there. Whatever happened to that idea of diversity? Did it get lost in the search for campaign donations?
- The people who already live here as citizens have invested lots of time and energy making America a good and prosperous place. We want our family, friends, and neighbors to benefit, not a bunch of people who have yet to become loyal to us and our country. Undermining the wages of the American people is not good family policy.
- If our immigration policy is not good for Americans, in the long run it won’t be good for anyone else. When we allow people immigrate to this country, we should be looking for people who love this country, people who can bring skills and ability that will excite new industry, not depress our wage scales.
Then think about what is going on here. Think about this brazen abuse of power. They think we are stupid. Are they right?
Sadly, we cannot trust the people we elect to be on our side. They are too ambitious. They may think highly of themselves, but they are just human beings and subject to temptation. Therefore, the more power we give the people we elect, the more they will abuse it.
Luke 16:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.
We also are only human. The more power we give the people we elect, the more difficult it will be for us to figure out how they are abusing that power. Hence, when our leaders offer to solve our problems for us, we must consider the wisdom of trusting them. In particular, when our leaders offer us when they have no right to give, we must refuse them and choose someone else. For our right to vote may be a small thing, but we must exercise it faithfully with respect to duty, country, and God.