RIGHTS or WRONG?, the last post, focused on a particular aspect of the culture war, transgenderism in the public schools. That story was bad enough, but here is a list of bills that indicate the Virginia General Assembly has lost its collective mind.
- Links to legislation: House Bill 145, Senate Bill 161, House Bill 276, House Bill 386, Senate Bill 657, House Bill 1429, and House Bill 696 (lis.virginia.gov). Some of these bills have not yet been signed by the governor.
- Virginia’s governor just signed 3 pro-LGBTQ bills (lgbtqnation.com)
- Virginia’s transgender students win safeguards against harassment under new law (washingtonpost.com)
- Conversion therapy for minors to be banned in Virginia (washingtonpost.com)
- Legislature OKs bill allowing new birth certificate for transgender people (dailypress.com)
- Over the objections of religious groups, Virginia is poised to mandate nondiscriminatory care for transgender patients (princewilliamtimes.com)
- Employers Forced to Pay for Transgender Surgeries! (familyfoundation.org)
Please observe that it is difficult to find current news reports on this subject that do not come from those in favor of such legislation. Are most people in favor of this insanity? Not likely. It is not that long ago that Virginia passed a bill that defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Unfortunately, the radicals have control of both our schools and the news media. That’s makes the debate over this subject artificially lopsided in favor of some weird and foolish beliefs.
Do we want to raise confused children, doubleminded little darlings who refuse to accept the difference between right and wrong? Then all we have to do is put politicians in charge of their instruction, but why would we do that? Nevertheless, we do.
If parents want to keep their children from being indoctrinated in weird and foolish beliefs, then parents must seize control of their children back from politicians. If parents want their children to respect the Bible and its wisdom, to revere the commands of our Creator, then they must take charge of their children’s instruction. Otherwise, people who don’t love their children will control the instruction their children. And politicians will do what they usually do. They will give the instruction of children over to the control of those people willing to make the largest campaign donations.
When Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, God made it obvious that he wanted His people and their children to know and understand Word.
Imagine wearing the word of God on your forehead. The New Testament does not require that, but it still requires us to armor our children with the Truth of Jesus. That includes faith in and knowledge of the Word of God (Ephesians 6:10-20).
Think! Even if you are not a Christian, do you want politicians educating your children? Do you always approve of who wins elections? No? Then why would you let politicians decide who teaches your children and what your children learn?