According to Olivia Gans Turner, who heads the Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL) in Richmond, we cannot breathe easy now that this year’s session of the Virginia General Assembly has recessed. Progressives are preparing even more legislation for the next session to further destroy our protective laws and instead, promote the abortion agenda.
In VSHL email dated March 23, 2020 and titled “Virginia Pro-Life Legislative Update”, she lists what is in the playbook for 2021 legislation:
- Amend the Virginia constitution to add a permanent Right to Abortion. Abortion will be legalized for every woman (see Petition to Stop the Pro-Abortion Amendment to the Virginia Constitution).
- Eliminate Parental Consent laws. Parents will lose even more control over what their children are taught and what they embrace in their sexual/gender identity struggles. Counter measures by family members will be illegal.
- Increase tax payer funding of abortion. Whether we believe in abortion or not, our tax money will be used for abortions anyway.
- Make abortion legal up to the moment of birth; this is termed infanticide by opponents who adhere to the sanctity of life.
- Remove conscience protection from doctors and nurses who do not want to participate in abortions. In other words, they will be forced to perform or assist with abortions.
- Attack pregnancy resource centers that offer women alternatives to abortion and that use ultrasound visualization of the unborn baby so mothers can see they are carrying a human child, not a mere blob of tissue called the fetus.
Legislators in Richmond will build on laws they enacted in this year’s session to further destroy the fabric of our state’s social and legal structure in defiance of God and His laws!
During this year’s session, The Family Foundation (FF) counter-proposed wording or laws that defused some of the legislators’ attempts to force policies or laws they finally put aside for this year. However, they will probably be resurrected in next year’s slew of bills.
We are in a war! It is a battle of minds and wills, not bullets and guns. It is a battle of right against wrong. But it is real and we must prepare to fight with all our abilities to overturn the liberal agenda. We will keep you aware of steps being taken by both the FF and VSHL to counterattack leading up to 2021, so you can become a part of the offensive!
Above all, during the years that abortions have exceeded 61 million babies, we have trusted legislators, some of whom have betrayed our trust. We have rested in the arm of flesh, not in God, as we should. Take time during this enforced furlough from hecticness that God has given to us to seek His help, His strength, His plan in pushing back the tide of abortion evil. Make yourself available to Him to do whatever He shows you to do and to be. After all, God is our strength in time of trouble—and these are troubled times, indeed!
To follow on your own, you may go to https://vshl.org (Virginia Society for Human Life) or to The Family Foundation website at: http://www.familyfoundation.org.
This could well be our last opportunity to get serious with God about our crisis and do something about it! God doesn’t change: He’s the same yesterday, today, and forever. We’re the ones who need to change—NOW!
— Posted by Tom Salmon for Doris, a fellow member of the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance
Reblogged this on Citizen Tom.
“This could well be our last opportunity to get serious with God about our crisis and do something about it! God doesn’t change: He’s the same yesterday, today, and forever. We’re the ones who need to change—NOW!”
Hopefully, the fact that parents have had to spend a lot of time with their children is producing some good results.
I can only pray that will be the case!