What is the point of this post? Traditionally, voters start paying attention in September. However, if you have a preferred candidate, you may wish to send them donations or volunteer to help them now. If you don’t have a preferred candidate, it is time to do some research. Avoid the risk of too little too late. We all need to do our best to get our guy elected.
Who are the candidates for Virginia’s 10th Congressional District?
Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton (Wexton’s campaign website) represents Virginia’s 10th Congressional District (govtrack.us), and she is running to keep the seat. She is the Democratic Party’s nominee. Note: Wexton has both official and campaign versions of her accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. BallotPedia provides links (see Jennifer Wexton) to these accounts and additional information.
Aliscia Andrews won the Republican Party’s nomination in a four way race at the June 20, 2020 convention of the Tenth Congressional District Republican Committee. On the final ballot, Andrews won with 57.5% of the vote (see Aliscia Andrews wins GOP nomination for 10th Congressional District (loudountimes.com)). Note: Andrews has links to the campaign versions of her Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts at the bottom of the homepage on her campaign website, ANDREWS FOR VIRGINIA.
What is the latest information about this election?
- Virginia’s 10th Congressional District (ballotpedia.org): General information.
- Virginia District 10 2020 Race (opensecrets.org): Fundraising data.
- US House of Representatives District 10 (vpap.org): Fundraising and general information.
- 2020 United States House of Representatives elections in Virginia (en.wikipedia.org)
- Prince William Elections (pwcvotes.org): The information we need to vote. NOTE: The most certain way of making your vote count is to vote in person. If you do not have to do so, please don’t mail your ballot. If it is safe to go to the grocery store, then it is safe to vote.
How about the latest news? Not much since the primary.
- Virginia GOP taps Marine veteran to take on Rep. Jennifer Wexton (rollcall.com)
- Andrews defeats trio to win GOP nomination in 10th District (wtop.com)
- Aliscia Andrews wins Republican nomination for 10th Congressional District (winchesterstar.com)
- Republicans Nominate Marine To Oppose Wexton In 10th District (patch.com)
Here is a suggestion. If you are interested in the election and considering helping a candidate, check out the candidates using your favorite web hosting platform: the basic campaign web site, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and so forth. The help you provide now will make a bigger difference than it will latter.