What is the point of this post? Traditionally, voters start paying attention in September. However, if you have a preferred candidate, you may wish to send them donations or volunteer to help them now. If you don’t have a preferred candidate, it is time to do some research. Avoid the risk of too little too late. We all need to do our best to get our guy elected.
Who are the candidates for Virginia’s 11th Congressional District?
Congressman Gerald E. “Gerry” Connolly (Connolly’s campaign website) represents Virginia’s 11th Congressional District (govtrack.us), and he is running to keep the seat. He is the Democratic Party’s nominee. Note: Connolly has both official and campaign versions of his accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. BallotPedia provides links (see Connolly) to these accounts and additional information.
Manga Anantatmula won the Republican Party’s nomination June 20th Convention of the Eleventh Congressional District Republican Committee. Note: Anantatmula has links to the campaign versions of her Facebook and Twitter accounts at the top of the homepage on her campaign website, Manga For Congress.
What is the latest information about this election?
- Virginia’s 11th Congressional District (ballotpedia.org): General information.
- Virginia District 11 2020 Race (opensecrets.org): Fundraising data.
- US House of Representatives District 11 (vpap.org): Fundraising and general information.
- 2020 United States House of Representatives elections in Virginia (en.wikipedia.org)
- Prince William Elections (pwcvotes.org): The information we need to vote.
NOTE: The most certain way of making your vote count is to vote in person. If you do not have to do so, please don’t mail your ballot. If it is safe to go to the grocery store, then it is safe to vote.
How about the latest news? Not much since the primary.
- LISTEN: Larry O’Connor Interviews Manga Anantatmula (fairfaxgop.org): The Fairfax GOP is partisan, but the link interview is with WMAL
- Connolly defeats challenger Mohsini to win VA11 Democratic Primary race (forthuntherald.com)
- Meet the Candidates Forums (thearcofnova.org): The Arc of Northern Virginia has a focus on Autism. They have a virtual forum with the two candidates scheduled for September 3rd.
- Virginia Grassroots (virginiagrassroots.org): Virginia Grassroots advocates for progressive candidates and policies. Here they provide the positions of Republican candidates.
- U.S. Postal Service overhaul has Democrats crying ‘sabotage’ (japantimes.co.jp)
Here is a suggestion. If you are interested in the election and considering helping a candidate, check out the candidates using your favorite web hosting platform: the basic campaign web site, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and so forth. The help you provide now will make a bigger difference than it will latter.