What is the point of this post? Traditionally, voters start paying attention in September. If you have a preferred candidate, you had better send them donations or volunteer to help them now. If you don’t have a preferred candidate, now is time to start doing some research. Avoid the risk of too little too late. We all need to do our best to get our guy elected.
Who are the candidates to represent Virginia in the U.S. Senate?
Senator Mark R. Warner (Warner’s campaign website) is one of two Democrats representing Virginia (govtrack.us) in the U.S. Senate, and he is running to keep the seat as the Democratic Party’s nominee. Note: Warner has both official and campaign versions of his accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. BallotPedia provides links (see Warner) to these accounts and additional information.
Daniel M. Gade won the Republican Party’s nomination June 23th Primary Election (results.elections.virginia.gov) by getting over two thirds of the vote in a three-way race. Note: Gade has links to the campaign versions of his Facebook and Twitter accounts at the top of the homepage on his campaign website, Gade For Virginia.
What is the latest information about this election?
- United States Senate election in Virginia, 2020 (ballotpedia.org): General information.
- Virginia Senate 2020 Race (opensecrets.org): Fundraising data.
- US Senator (vpap.org): Fundraising and general information.
- 2020 United States Senate election in Virginia (en.wikipedia.org)
- Prince William Elections (pwcvotes.org): The information we need to vote.
NOTE: The most certain way of making your vote count is to vote in person. If you do not have to do so, please don’t mail your ballot. If it is safe to go to the grocery store, then it is safe to vote.
How about the latest news?
- A conversation with Daniel Gade, the Republican facing Mark Warner in Virginia Senate race (wric.com)
- Daniel Gade, facing Sen. Warner for Va. Senate seat visits Rockingham County (whsv.com)
- Warner accepts three invitations to debate Gade as attention turns to November election (dailyprogress.com)
- Watch Now: U.S. Sen. Mark Warner calls for more business, family aid (heraldcourier.com)
- ‘Stand Taller On One Leg’: Veteran Amputee Running For Senate Launches Ad Attacking ‘Violent, Left-Wing Extremists’ (dailycaller.com)
- VA-Sen: Roanoke Poll Has Sen. Mark Warner (D) Beating Daniel Gade (R) 55-34, Biden Beats Trump 53-39 (dailykos.com)
Here is a suggestion. If you are interested in the election and considering helping a candidate, check out the candidates using your favorite web hosting platform: the basic campaign web site, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and so forth. The help you provide now will make a bigger difference than it will latter.