It is one of those things a citizen of the United States would almost have to be dead not to notice. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. Here was the initial reaction from several Liberal news media publications.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87 (nytimes.com)
- READ: Supreme Court announces Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death (cnn.com)
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87 (npr.org)
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was shaped by her minority faith and passionate about Judaism’s concern for justice (chicagotribune.com)
How is the battle to replace Ginsburg shaping up? Here is the Liberal perspective again.
- Schumer: “Nothing is off the table” if GOP moves to fill Ginsburg’s seat (axios.com)
- Lawmakers React To Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (npr.org)
- Chuck Schumer: If GOP tries to fill Ginsburg’s seat, ‘nothing is off the table next year’ (businessinsider.com)
Liberals will do their best to force Conservatives to postpone the confirmation of a replacement for Ginsburg until after the election. Their arguments?
- It would be disrespectful of the Liberal icon to replace her in a big hurry.
- The American people have a “right” to vote on the matter via the upcoming election.
- We need to respect the wishes of the dead.
Shortly before her death, in a statement dictated to her granddaughter, the liberal firebrand said: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” (from here (npr.org))
Will there be violence too? Probably. Lately, some people have been using any excuse to riot and others tacitly approve. Since defending the “right” to abortion is precious to so-called Liberals, the potential to replace Ginsburg with a Conservative will most likely set some of them off too. Why? If Liberals care so much, why do Liberals think so little of the rights of the unborn? Don’t expect to get a straight answer from the rioters. Most will just call you names. The standard excuse, however, is that even though an unborn baby looks like a human being and has the genetic code of a human being, it is not a human being because “science” says so.
Who is “science”? Apparently, “science” is whoever Liberal reporters want to interview to get the opinion they want to hear.
2 Timothy 4:1-5 New American Standard Bible
4 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with [a]great patience and instruction. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. 5 But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
Here are what relatively more Conservative publications are saying. President Donald Trump and the GOP should immediately appoint a replacement.
- Three Supreme Court Justices Were Confirmed In Less Than 45 Days, Including Ginsburg (thefederalist.com)
- Sen. Ted Cruz: After Ginsburg — 3 reasons why Senate must confirm her successor before Election Day (foxnews.com)
- Mitch McConnell: President Trump’s Nominee “Will Receive a Vote on the Floor of the Senate” (lifenews.com)
How are some of the blogs I like to visit reacting?
- Respect is About the Condition of Your Own Heart! (insanitybytes2.wordpress.com)
- SCOTUS Seat Empty – Who Will Fill It? (victorygirlsblog.com): Victory Girls has a series of posts on this already. This was the last as of this morning.
- WHACKO LEFT WING HAS COLLECTIVE MELTDOWN AFTER SCOTUS DEATH (nightwind777.blogspot.com): This post may set off some of the ladies, but here is a thought. If you don’t like The Night Wind‘s stereotypes, then vote for leaders who focus on doing what is right, not catering to stereotypes. In particular, it is probably not a good to vote for someone who will appoint judges who see themselves as “victims”. Don’t we need judges who enforce the law as it was originally written, not judges trying to “fix” the system and compensate victims regardless of what the law says?
- Who’s Who For SCOTUS (lobotero.com): This is one of the few Liberal blogs I frequent.
Since this is still the weekend, the blogs are not especially active. On Monday the discussion will amp up. I don’t even want to contemplate the crazy talk on Twitter.
Why the image of Justitia (picture above)? Think about what is going on in Hong Kong. Consider what we have to look forward to if we do not do our best to preserve within our institutions respect for Truth, Justice, and our God-given rights. There are some bad people who don’t respect the rights of others. Instead others as brothers and sisters, they see other people as slaves.