What should we make of the declaration? Well, we are always being told “the science says”, “to follow the the science”, that “the science is settled”, and so forth. The idea is that “science” has the answer and that the “science” is not debatable. Nonsense! Science is like any other type of knowledge. We know “something”, but we have incomplete knowledge. Now we each have to make sense of what we know and figure out what we can do with what we know. In politics, debate is “required” to make the best decisions.
Various political interests would have us do what they want us to do, and what these various political interests want us to do is not necessarily in the best interests of our family, friends, neighbors, and countrymen. So, some of these various political interests would scare us into doing what they want us to do. The signers of The Great Barrington Declaration have provided us an opportunity to resume the debate and to do so calmly.
Contact the people who lead us.
- Your governor.
- Your representatives in the General Assembly.
- Your Board of Supervisors.
- Your School Board.
Today is the last day to register to vote. Make sure you are registered. Make certain you vote. See pwcvotes.org for information early voting. Early, in-person voting is now in progress.
For the sake of the children, please reopen our society. Stop imprisoning people. Protect the vulnerable.
- AIER Hosts Top Epidemiologists, Authors of the Great Barrington Declaration (aier.org)
- Over 4,000 Doctors, Public Health Professionals Sign “Great Barrington Declaration,” Urging End to COVID-Restrictions (legalinsurrection.com)
- More Than 3,500 Health Experts Sound The Alarm On COVID Lockdown Policies, Urge ‘Focused Protection’ (thefederalist.com)
- Medical Experts, Scientists Denounce Pandemic Lockdowns, Urge ‘Focused Protection’ (breitbart.com)