Most of us are at least roughly familiar with the story of The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37), and most of us agree with the lesson Jesus taught with that story. Yet few of us have the wisdom to live by Jesus’ teachings. Proof? Have you been watching the news about this year’s election?
Instead of treating each other as neighbors, we divide into factions and fight each other, hoping that our enemies will refrain from using bullets instead of ballots. Not a pretty picture.
Instead of listening to each other, we silence and ignore each other. Here is one of the wilder examples.
Is Greenwald’s account truthful? Well, we argue over that too.
- GLENN GREENWALD RESIGNS FROM THE INTERCEPT (theintercept.com)
- The Intercept Co-Founder Glenn Greenwald Resigns, Alleging ‘Censorship’ of Views ‘Critical’ of Joe Biden (nationalreview.com)
- Glenn Greenwald Leaves The Intercept, Claiming He Was Censored (nytimes.com)
- Glenn Greenwald resigns from the Intercept following dispute over Biden story (washingtonpost.com)
- Glenn Greenwald quits The Intercept over ‘censorship’ of Hunter Biden article (nypost.com)
Of course, there are lots of stories about this. The mainstream media is perfectly happy to use this story to divert us from the story they are trying to censor and suppress. Therefore, instead of dwelling on Glenn Greenwald’s problems with the news organization he founded, we need to focus on the story Greenwald wanted to publish.
There is also another lesson. In order to fight for our neighbors, we sometimes need to fight against some of our neighbors. In order to free the slaves, we must fight those who would be their masters.
Check Out Our
We have two pages listing voter guides.
- THE PRINCE WILLIAM-MANASSAS FAMILY ALLIANCE’S 2020 VOTER GUIDES contains the voter guides we produced for the Senate and the Congressional races in which the citizens of Prince William County participate.
- ADDITIONAL VOTER GUIDES FOR THE 2020 GENERAL ELECTION contains a list of Christian voter guides. These guides include information on the presidential/vice presidential races as well as Senate and Congressional races. Note that The Family Foundation endorses the Million Voices Presidential Voter Guide (here).