As an affiliate of The Family Foundation (TFF), we are enthusiastic supporters. When we saw this post, The Good Things 2020 Caused (familyfoundation.org), we wanted folks to understand that the TFF helped to make some good things happen. Therefore, we modified their blog post a little bit.
When we’re handed a bunch of sour fruit, we have two choices: give up or else transform it. Choice two is exactly what The Family Foundation (TFF) has done during 2020 to counteract legislation that came from Richmond early in the year. Here’s a synopsis of what TFF has done to make lemonade:
- Because the new Democrat majority repealed loads of pro-family and pro-life laws and enacted radical laws that infringe on personal liberties, TFF launched its new Founding Freedoms Law Center in Richmond. It will serve to challenge in court many of these unconstitutional laws that impose harm on citizens who continue to live consistent with their faith and conscience.
- When schools were shut down because of COVID, in many instances families were forced to find alternative ways for their children to be taught consistent with the family values. These include homeschooling, learning ‘pods’, and private faith-based schools. Incidentally, the withdrawal of these students from public schools has caused those schools to potentially lose funding from the state of Virginia, so their absence is speaking loudly!
- Every summer TFF sponsors an EQUIP Summer Worldview Academy for high school and college students. COVID prevented many students from attending this summer, so TFF expanded the program so students from anywhere can join the interactive training on-line! Now TFF can reach even more young people to guide them in a biblical worldview.
- Though the General Assembly waged war against religious freedom through new laws and state attorney positions to enforce them, TFF facilitated and helped to activate a growing coalition of churches and religious schools that are engaging at a new level with the culture and elected leaders.
- Because the Governor mandated sequestering of the public to prevent COVID spread, families had an unprecedented opportunity to grow together. Spouses got to see each other more, parents spent more valuable time with their children, and families in general were strengthened and grew in appreciation and love for each other.
Genesis 50:20 is a quote spoken by Joseph in Egypt when he revealed himself to his brothers after they had sold him into slavery:
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Many of you, too, took COVID lemons and transformed them to lemonade! Among those opportunities was more time to pray and to read the Bible to draw strength from God’s word! The opportunity of a lifetime MUST be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity. Keep it up!
— Posted by Tom Salmon for Doris, a fellow member of the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance