We have an election every year here in Virginia. What will be on the ballot this year in Prince William County?
- Lieutenant governor
- Attorney general
- Member, Virginia House of Delegates
This post will cover who is running for governor. Since we are almost a year out from the General Election, the list of candidates is still growing. Nevertheless, this time is important. To become a serious contender, candidates must gather funds and supporters NOW! If you want the candidate you support to win, you must get involved NOW! Both the Democratic and Republican Parties will most likely have chosen their nominees by the June 8th Primary Election.
Instead of trying to duplicate what others are already doing well, the object here is to provide some references and highlight certain issues.
Here are lists of the people who are running for Governor of Virginia.
- Virginia gubernatorial election, 2021 – Ballotpedia: Provides a list of the candidates and some background information.
- Elections: Governor (vpap.org): VPAP.ORG focuses upon who is financing the candidates.
- Politics1 – Online Guide to Virginia Elections, Candidates & Politics: Website with a Liberal/ Progressive bent.
- Saxman: Rankings Galore! Statewide campaigns, State Job Losses, and State Losing/Gaining People – Bearing Drift: Conservative leaning website.
- Updated list of Statewide candidates, Gov, LG and AG in 2021 – The Bull Elephant: Conservative leaning website.
Here are some recent articles about the candidates. Since several Republicans have just entered the race, there is a focus on these candidates. Two election issues are also highlighted. Amanda Chase has a lawsuit related to COVID-19, which has put the Republican Party’s desire for a convention at risk. Delegate Lee Carter is among the Democratic candidates who are furthering a lawsuit that would use COVID-19 to undermine election integrity.
- New Poll Results, GOP Candidates Hit The Campaign Trail, and Democrats Hit Zoom: A Virginia Gubernatorial Update – Tennessee Star
- Trump administration official running for governor of Virginia | Headlines | insidenova.com
- Leahy: Virginia’s GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Need More Than MAGA-tudes and Bromides to Win in November – Bearing Drift
- Some Democratic candidates file lawsuit against Virginia Department of Elections (nbc29.com): Related to the battle to maintain election integrity in Virginia.
- Virginia GOP Governor Candidate Stacks Leadership Team with Prominent Conservatives by Reagan McCarthy (townhall.com) and Conservative Businessman Announces Run for Virginia Governor by Cortney O’Brien (townhall.com)
- Chase sues Virginia GOP over gubernatorial convention plans – Washington Times: COVID-19 has put the GOP’s plan nominating its candidates up in the air.
- Businessman Pete Snyder joins race for Virginia governor – The Washington Post
- Glenn Youngkin joins crowded GOP lineup for Virginia governor’s race | 13newsnow.com
- Virginia Republicans’ search for a standard-bearer is a key test of post-Trump GOP in upcoming governor’s race – CNNPolitics
Uncertain of whether or not your are registered to vote? Visit Elections & Registration | pwcvotes.
What is to come?
- WHO IS RUNNING FOR LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR?
- WHO IS RUNNING FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL?
- METHOD OF NOMINATION FOR STATEWIDE OFFICES
- WHO IS RUNNING TO BE YOUR MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES?
- METHOD OF NOMINATION FOR MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES