Why do we celebrate the 4th of July? Well, some say this is the day we celebrate our independence from King George III and his United Kingdom, but they are wrong. Read the Declaration of Independence (America’s Founding Documents | National Archives). When we celebrate this day, we celebrate our joint commitment to live as a free people. We celebrate our God-given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Why do we need to celibrate such a day? Why do we need to celebrate the beginning of a long, bloody, and arduous war? Don’t we need to remind ourselves of the cost of freedom, of the price that those who went before us paid? Don’t we need to pull our heads out of our day-to-day lives and contemplate what we must do to remain free?
Even when America was still a colony, well before the American Revolution, people came to America for religious freedom, to escape the tyranny of violent busybodies who in the name of their religion policed every thought and deed of their fellow citizens. Well, people have not changed. We still have violent busybodies among us. We still have people who would use the law to force others to adopt their religious beliefs.
Think about the LGBTQ alphabet soup movement. Sex is not real, but our gender “choice” is? Some people seem to think so. The White House has issued executive orders (Here is the latest: Executive Order on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce | The White House.) that increasingly insist we must respect every sexual delusion imaginable. Even our own state of Virginia put out Model Policies for the Treatment of Transgender Students in Virginia’s Public Schools, which threatens to force girls into restrooms and locker rooms with boys who would have us believe they are girls. At the rate things are going, soon even here in Virginia we will have boys who insist they are girls competing on girls sports teams and even sleeping with girls on overnight trips.
Frankly, it is getting easier and easier to believe that our government is trying to groom our children for pedophiles. Imagine life just a few years down the road. You want to be a teacher or work with children? Then you have to take an oath that you will affirm whatever sexual lunacy someone (or just the mass media) has coached a child to accept.
- The kid wants a sex change? Great?
- Preferred pronouns? Great?
- Sex with your father? That is just keeping it in the family?
- Bestiality? Why not? The Internet is already flooded with it, and it just brings us closer to our pets.
Your conscience will not allow you to affirm any of that? You don’t worship sexual pleasure? You want to protect children from sexual exploitation? You won’t affirm diversity just to avoid hurting the feelings of a sexual predator? Well, that just makes you a bigot and unwilling to accept the choices of others.
You say I am joking? Look at Loudoun County School Board’s attempt to punish Tanner Cross.
Cross had been placed on administrative leave after he expressed his concerns at a May 25 school board meeting that a transgender policy under consideration violated his religious beliefs and was harmful to children.
“I will not affirm that a biological boy can be a girl and vice versa because it is against my religion,” Cross stated during the public comments portion of the meeting. “It’s lying to a child. It’s abuse to a child. And it’s sinning against our God.”ADF Brief Defends Reinstatement of Teacher Tanner Cross from Loudon Co. School Board’s Appeal | CNSNews
Cross is still fighting in court. That school board is that nutty.
Meanwhile, we have parents all around the country fighting against Critical Race Theory in the public schools, but the battle is especially hot here in northern Virginia.
- Virginia district spent $34K on critical race theory coaching for administrators, documents show | Fox News
- Critical race theory at heart of clash with Virginia PTA, say Thomas Jefferson parents – Washington Times
- Website tracks where critical race theory taught at US schools (nypost.com)
- Watchdog group says schools’ critical race theory plans could violate Constitution, state laws – Washington Times
- Critical Race Theory Further Cements Importance of School Choice (dailysignal.com)
So, celebrate the 4th of July. Just remember.
- To set aside some time to read Declaration of Independence (America’s Founding Documents | National Archives).
- To ask yourself a question or two. Are you willing to fight for the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Will you protect our children, or will you sacrifice them to the whims of violent busybodies?