What unifies the United States? Contemplate what happened in 1776. Read the Declaration of Independence. Think about that national holiday we celebrated with fireworks just a few days ago. What unified the thirteen original colonies to drive King George and the most powerful military force in the world from our nation’s shores? Was it the desire to perpetuate slavery, or the desire to remain a free people?
Is Critical Race Theory (CRT) is a threat to our nation’s unity? Gubenatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe calls CRT “a right-wing conspiracy.
- Terry McAuliffe calls critical race theory concerns a ‘right-wing conspiracy’ | Fox News
- Dems Caught in Bald-Faced Lie Over CRT in Schools by Larry O’Connor (townhall.com)
- No, Terry McAuliffe, critical race theory isn’t a ‘right-wing conspiracy’ – Washington Times
- As Rebellion Against Critical Race Theory Grows, Left Turns to Denial (dailysignal.com)
Is McAuliffe confused? Is the National Education Association (NEA) a ring-wing organization? Well, the NEA wants CRT taught in our schools.
- Is Critical Race Theory Taught in K-12 Schools? The NEA Says Yes, and That It Should Be. – Reason.com
- NEA Teacher’s Union to ‘Fight Back’ Against CRT Opponents, Combat ‘Systemic’ Racism | CNSNews
- On Critical Race Theory and The NEA. They Represent College Professors Too. CRT Is Not In Your Elementary School. | Science 2.0 (science20.com)
- NEA’s enforcing of critical race theory in schools a grave injustice (nypost.com)
- America’s largest teachers’ union says it supports teaching children critical race theory in schools | Daily Mail Online
Note that the so-called mainstream news media is ignoring this issue. Apparently, articles on this subject do not advance their agenda.
Here is what the NEA’s Representative Assembly passed.
The NEA apparently decided to bury item 39, but Reason Magazine dug it back up. Note that the NEA added The 1619 Project to its propaganda campaign. There is no question that The 1619 Project is biased history, IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TAUGHT? | Prince William-Manassas Family Alliance (familyallianceonline.org).
What exactly is CRT? Why should we fight it? How can we fight it? Heritage Action has put out a booklet on the subject, Critical Race Theory E-book | Heritage Action For America. Unlike the Declaration of Independence, indoctrination in CRT and history like The 1619 Project divides us. If we want our children to love their country and their neighbors, we need to fight those leaders who would abuse our education system to sow division among us.
What is the ultimate solution? Who should we trust more with the education of children? Politicians or parents? Currently, politicians control the education of our nation’s children, and they have created a bizarre system where it is often difficult to pin down responsibility. Four different levels of government control the education of children. School boards, local governments, state governments, and the Federal Government all have management roles. That raises a question. What is wrong with school choice? What is wrong with private schools? Don’t they work for rich politicians? Why don’t we use school vouchers so parents can choose who teaches their children without paying twice, once in taxes and a second time in tuition?