What is Critical Race Theory (CRT), anyway, and where did it come from? Why has it suddenly gained front page status and school board scrutiny? Whoever you are reading this, you need to know what CRT really is about and why you need to be alarmed! It is undermining YOUR nation and your family just as termites eat at the foundation of a house until suddenly it collapses and you wonder what happened!
CRT originated in Germany as Critical Theory (CT) after WW I in what is termed the Frankfurt School. Critical Theory and the Frankfurt School, in general, were a renaissance of Hegelian thought and of the revolutions that had taken place as a result in 1848—repackaged for a now-industrialized Germany. CT proponents were in danger of retaliation by Hitler, who wanted ultimate control of Europe. So, Frankfurt scholars left Germany to escape the Third Reich, and fled first to Geneva, then to New York, where Columbia University allowed them to set up camp in 1935 at Teachers’ College.
Columbia began turning out teachers and professors indoctrinated in Critical Theory that is rooted in Marxism. Those teachers and professors infiltrated our nation’s schools and began indoctrinating students, who, after graduation, assumed jobs and positions in education, industry, civic life and politics. Today most secular colleges and universities are hotbeds of Marxism and their graduates are strong proponents of what is now termed CRT.
That is why just last month (June) the National Education Association (NEA) teachers’ union voted to spread and further the teaching of CRT as being a “reasonable” and “appropriate” framework for students to understand and interpret America’s past and present. Some of your own kids’ teachers may be members of that union and some of them may embrace CRT. Teachers who refuse to inculcate students with CRT propaganda ought to withdraw their NEA membership NOW!
At the same convention, the NEA also approved a measure to research the organizations attacking educators doing anti-racist work, which they consider CRT to be. One of their big opponents is the Heritage Foundation, which exposes the CRT’s Marxist origins, how critical race theorists are trying to undermine American society’s foundation and how CRT ideology is infiltrating our schools, businesses and government agencies. It IS everywhere, folks! You can go to the Heritage Foundation website (Critical Race Theory, the New Intolerance, and Its Grip on America | The Heritage Foundation) to read their complete expose of CRT.
OK. So just what does CRT teach? How can you recognize it in your kids’ school curricula? Here are some key elements found in The Prickly Pear that immediately distinguish CRT philosophy:
- Racism is not an individual decision to be racist or act on it. It is ‘systemic,’ meaning racism is written into our laws, institutions, and capitalist system. They are the norms of white people. No, they’re not! Our laws, institutions and societal systems were founded on Biblical norms!
- Behaviors and beliefs are the fabric of how groups identify themselves. Members of minority groups must never assimilate to standard practices or norms in America, even those that appear neutral on the surface, because they are ‘white.’ Question: If minority groups ought not embrace American practices and enculturate, why are so many immigrants burgeoning at our southern border to escape oppression, crime and poverty? They are seeking in America what CRT is trying to destroy!
- White people receive unearned privilege at birth, while other Americans are denied it. This “whiteness premium” has prevented the union of the working class into the whole.
- The merit system for promotion is a myth. Whites have rigged the system, so all the ways we use merit to measure excellence or success in education or work are far from objective. Therefore, hiring metrics and workplace benchmarks, as well as standardized tests for university admissions, must be eliminated. Bottom line: Achievement is eliminated! So, does that mean anyone can ‘earn’ a college degree whether they have the aptitude or not?
- ‘Equity’ must replace ‘equality.’ The word ‘equity’ has become corrupted, and has become the functional opposite of equality. Systemic racism, as seen everywhere by critical race theory’s proponents, has produced inequalities under a capitalist system that rewards the wrong criteria. Therefore, government must step in and treat individual Americans unequally to even the playing field. In plain words, it means redistribution of wealth, so everyone has the same amount! Take from you to give to them. That is equity! It is NOT equality!
All that being said, we need to identify the fallacy inherent in CRT philosophy and teaching that is more fundamental than politics.
CRT assumes there are various human races and it pits one against the other. CRT ignores the FACT that in the beginning God created a man first and then, from his side, took a rib and formed the woman. One couple from whom has come all the billions of people that populate today’s world. That equals ONE RACE! There is no black race, white race, brown, yellow or red. One race!
Had there been more than one race, Jesus, who was God incarnate in human flesh, would have had to be born into only one race. His death and atonement for our sins would have covered only the race to which He belonged. The rest of us would have been left in the cold. But, because there is only one race, the HUMAN RACE, each of us can find salvation from sin through Jesus! The book of Hebrews says Jesus is our Elder Brother; hence, we are brothers to each other, too!
So, don’t pull the race card on me! Listen to what the Bible says:
Ignoring that Biblical truth, CRT uses racism as a false premise to try to separate us. Essentially, what CRT does is override and utterly ignore God and the Bible truths that established our nation. CRT wants to erase from our culture all memory of what God has done and said by turning us on each other. Proponents of CRT do not recognize the authority of God nor do they want to be subject to Him. However, God is still in control: let them jump from a balcony and see if gravity still works! Or let them try to prevent a hurricane or flooding rain.
When proponents of CRT call our culture ‘white,’ what they really are saying is that the early settlers came for freedom of religion, the privilege of worshipping God according to the Bible. Our Constitution and Declaration of Independence are/were founded on Biblical precepts and truths. While it may be true that most of those early fathers were white, their work upheld freedom for all ethnicities. The Left, the CRT ‘users’, are really rejecting God and religion. That is the hallmark of Marxism. Marx was an atheist who HATED God! His followers do the same.
We are in a spiritual battle that takes the face of CRT at the moment. But it’s also costumed in transgenderism, defunding the police, eradicating freedom of speech and expression, and an inordinate number of other issues the Left throws in our faces to keep us chasing after so many balls, we can’t unite around one thing!
Parents, grandparents, citizens! You can and must unite around this huge, festering virus of CRT infiltrating our school systems. You must get involved! Attend school board meetings and let your voice be heard when you speak against CRT in all its forms. Contact your elected representatives and let them know what you believe about CRT and your opposition to it.
Don’t be like the Biblical ten sleeping virgins waiting for the bridegroom who weren’t prepared with enough oil for their lamps. By the time they woke up, it was too late and they missed the wedding! Don’t miss your opportunity NOW to squelch CRT in the trenches! Speak up! Speak out! Speak NOW!
- Is Your School Hiding Its Critical Race Theory Teaching? Here Are 5 Things to Ask About – PRICKLY PEAR (thepricklypear.org)
- America’s Largest Teachers’ Union Votes to Help Members ‘Fight Back Against Anti-CRT Rhetoric’ (theepochtimes.com)
— Posted by Tom Salmon for Doris, a fellow member of the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance
Good analysis. The Marxist roots of CRT should not be ignored. I’m planning to write a post on this topic in the coming days, suggesting that awareness of prejudice and discrimination is neither good nor bad, but treating it as the main tool for describing and understanding history is a huge mistake. J.
“While it may be true that most of those early fathers were white, their work upheld freedom for all ethnicities.”
Huh? What about their slaves.. and women not being included? I am not a rabid proponent of CRT in general.. as it’s being depicted… but I certainly do not find your statement here accurate at all to history.
This is Doris’s post. Nevertheless, she doesn’t comment. So, I will be happy to respond on her behalf.
Have you considered the cost of the Civil War. Our nation paid a hideous price because of slavery. Slavery is an old institution that every generation must fight. Because of our pride, we all desire to some extent to lord over others. Our nation’s early fathers fought that desire more than most. In fact, they did a better job than we have been doing.
Look around. Contemplate how some people are always trying to dominate and exploit other people. We are always fighting against our desire to enslave each other. Do you seriously think God will look kindly upon us for exploiting slaves in China and illegal aliens?
Slavery was and remains a formidable obstacle. The Founding Fathers did four things that justify Doris’ statement.
1. The Declaration of Independence.
2. The War For Independence.
3. The Constitution
4. Fighting the political battles to implement the Constitution and the rule of law across our nation.
Every generation since the Declaration of Independence was signed has pointed to that document to justify the equality of ALL before the Law. When Abraham Lincoln fought to end slavery, he pointed to the Declaration of Independence. Many of the founders knew slavery was wrong, but they could not end it without dividing the country. The threat posed by the UK made dividing the country unacceptable. So, they did what they could and settled for half measures.
1. In the Declaration of Independence, they said all men were created equal and had God-given inalienable rights.
2. In the Constitution, they refused to allow the slave states full representation in the Federal Governement for those they held as slaves (three fifths of a vote), and they ended the importation of slaves (1808).
When we build a house, we must first lay a foundation. The early fathers laid the foundation of our republic. We are just building upon the foundation and the structure built by previous generations.
The early fathers are among the giants upon whose shoulders we can be carried aloft. First, however, we must recognize what they accomplished. If we don’t their accomplishment, then we cannot see very far at all. We will never make the effort to climb upon their shoulders.
Reblogged this on boudica.us.
Thank you Tom—the alarm must be sounded!!!!!
Doris wrote that one up, and I am sure she appreciates your comment.
I know but I knew you were the one who shared…so thank you!
Pingback: Not too long ago nor too far away « cookiecrumbstoliveby
Thanks for the link.