Not a whole lot of publicity, unfortunately, but Prince William County releases draft equity, inclusion policy | News | princewilliamtimes.com.
The county released the draft policy for public comment on July 1. The comment period will be open until Friday, July 23. Once county officials receive public input, the supervisors will hold a public hearing and final vote on the policy.Prince William County releases draft equity, inclusion policy | News | princewilliamtimes.com
Note the date, July 23, 2021. We now only have a couple of days to squelch the adoption of this Equity and Inclusion Policy. Should we? YES!
Consider. What is the point of this policy? Do we want the Board of County Supervisors to elevate equity of outcome over equality before the law?
- Do we want a just society, one that treats everyone equally before the law without regard to their race, sex, and creed?
- Or do we want an unjust society where in the name of equity, our government elevates some of us over others on the basis of our race, sex, and creed?
Note the specific use term “intersectionality.”
Prince William County is an equitable and inclusive community. As such, Prince William County Government assesses its policies, programs, and practices through performance measures and an equity lens of intersectionality.PWC_Equity_and_Inclusion_Policy_Draft_6.15.21_djc.pdf (pwcva.gov)
“Intersectionality” is a term related to Critical Race Theory (CRT).
Definition of intersectionality
: the complex, cumulative way in which the effects of multiple forms of discrimination (such as racism, sexism, and classism) combine, overlap, or intersect especially in the experiences of marginalized individuals or groups
\\[Kimberlé] Crenshaw introduced the theory of intersectionality, the idea that when it comes to thinking about how inequalities persist, categories like gender, race, and class are best understood as overlapping and mutually constitutive rather than isolated and distinct.— Adia Harvey WingfieldIntersectionality | Definition of Intersectionality by Merriam-Webster
Like “equity,” the concept of “intersectionality” is closely related to CRT. This policy is a stalking horse for CRT.
What can we do? We can:
- Read the draft policy, PWC_Equity_and_Inclusion_Policy_Draft_6.15.21_djc.pdf (pwcva.gov).
- Provide our comments, Prince William County Government Equity and Inclusion Policy Comments (office.com). If your comments exceed the allotted space, you may directly contact the Equity and Inclusion Office, Office of Equity and Inclusion (pwcva.gov).
- Contact the Board of Supervisiors and let them know how we want them to vote, Board of County Supervisors (pwcva.gov).
Reblogged this on boudica.us and commented:
H/T Citizen Tom