What is the first step in establishing tyranny? Those who would rule must convince enough people that “it’s the right thing to do.” Consider some of the more prominent examples.
- When white people enslaved black people, they used the government to help establish their “right” to own black people. Supposedly, blacks were racially inferior. That is, various academics established the belief in the racial inferiority of blacks as a “scientific belief.” That supposedly made enslaving blacks “the right thing to do.”
- Before Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party took over Germany, Hitler documented the ideology of the Nazis in Mein Kampf. The Nazis advocated the belief in an Aryan master race. The Nazis also emphasized racial conflict, especially agains the Jews. That supposedly made The Holocaust “the right thing to do.”
- Karl Marx is infamous for establishing the ideology that Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin used to establish their tyranny over Russia. Instead of using race to pit people against each other, the Communists used wealth, pitting the “workers” against the capitalists. That supposedly made throwing millions of people in gulags “the right thing to do.”
- And so forth.
What is the modern excuse for tyranny? White privilege.
White privilege, or white skin privilege, is the societal privilege that benefits white people over non-white people in some societies, particularly if they are otherwise under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. With roots in European colonialism and imperialism, and the Atlantic slave trade, white privilege has developed in circumstances that have broadly sought to protect white racial privileges, various national citizenships, and other rights or special benefits.White privilege – Wikipedia
Where does white privilege take us? Well, let’s start adding all the various aspects of identity politics.
- Add sexism. Then we can discriminate against privileged white males and make them give up their white privilege.
- Add religion. Then we can discriminate against privileged Protestant white people and make them give up their white privilege.
- Add “gender.” Then we can discriminate against privileged white heterosexual males and make them give up their white privilege.
- Add wealth. Then we can discriminate against privileged wealthy white people and make them give up their white privilege.
- Add ageism. Then we can discriminate against privileged young white people and make them give up their white privilege.
- Add politics. Then we can discriminate against privileged Conservative white people and make them give up their white privilege.
- And so it goes. We can make anybody “do the right thing,” whatever that “right thing” may be.
Pick an “identity.” Add historical victimization, and you too now have an excuse to discriminate to your heart’s content. We can even add COVID-19. Then we can fiercely discriminate against privileged unvaccinated and unmasked white people and make them give up their white privilege.
What is the problem here? Why is stupidity? We have forgotten the purpose of government. Once we give the government the power to persecute people for not “doing the right thing,” government, even when led by white male elected officials, has an excuse to angrily and self righteously pit everyone else against anyone. Even COVID-19 can become an excuse. Then we can discriminate against unmasked and unvaccinated white people and make them give up their white privilege. After all, everything is racist, even viruses.
What is the problem? We have forgotten the purpose of government.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,Declaration of Independence: A Transcription | National Archives
We don’t have a government to make other people “do the right thing.” That is what busybodies do. Because we can be so mean and nasty to each other, we have a government that is designed to protect us from each other. That is in fact why our Constitution includes check and balances and spreads power across local, state, and Federal governments. In addition to protecting private parties and individuals from each other, we need a government that helps us as citizens to use government power to protect each other from government power. We must have a government to protect us from each other. Nevertheless, when we have a government, the abuse of government becomes the greatest threat to our liberties.
So, beware! The people promoting “white privilege” are grievance peddlers. You want success in this life? The look to yourself, your family, your friends, and your neighbors. Stop worrying about what you can use the government to steal from others. If we succumb to the temptation to abuse government power to get what we want from other people, most of us will just be enslaved by those best able to abuse government power. Please observe that most of those people are in fact white wealthy Protestant, heterosexual males.