Reminder: The last day to register is October 12th.
Here are links to additional voter guides.
- Prince William County Election Details | Election | insidenova.com and Virginia voter guide: What you need to know for the 2021 general election | WTOP (look for the Prince William County section) provide an election calendar and helpful information on where to vote.
- PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY | Progressive Voters Guide is what it sounds like (see About | Progressive Voters Guide). This guide provides bios on the “progressive” candidates. Has nothing to say about the other candidates.
- 2021 Virginia Voter Guide: Election Day is November 2nd! – UFCW Local 400 (ufcw400.org) is a union webpage that provides union members directions on who to vote for.
- NORML – Smoke the Vote is a guide that a group advocating the legalization of marijuana has put together.
- On Election Day – Be the Voice of Small Business (nfib.com) is a guide put together by a Virginia organization that advocates for small business. Their guide contains a list of endorsements.
- VCA Voter Guide (virginiachristianaction.org) is a Christian voter guide that makes use of the votes the incumbents made in the House of Delegates. So, there are quite a few “unknowns” with respect to the positions of some of the candidates, but there is also quite a bit of information.
We live in a secularized culture, so secularized that most people probably give little thought to it. The secularization of our lives is like the air we breath. Our secular culture seems so ordinary and omnipresent we take it for granted. But what is the significance of the secularization of our culture? When we do not even bother to think of God, we lack wisdom. We cannot make use of His wisdom, and we cannot do not what is right in His eyes.
When we think of God filling our treasuries, we should remember Matthew 6:20 NASB – But store up for yourselves treasures – Bible Gateway, that the treasures that matter are those that await us in Heaven. Once we have passed away, it is too late to store up treasures in Heaven.
How do we obtain wisdom?
Are we wise? The Lord will judge each of us. Therefore, we link to other voter guides, and we encourage voters to contemplate which sources of counsel are most fruitful. Moreover, we encourage others to do the same. Instead of silencing or ignoring those we disagree with, we need to contemplate their advice and pray for the wisdom to judge properly.
Please post our flyer on public bulletin boards or leave copies on tables so that voters can pick it up and share it:
- Virginia Catholic Conference releases voter guide for statewide races – The Arlington Catholic Herald explains the reasoning behind the #CatholicsVote 2021 | Virginia Catholic Conference (vacatholic.org) (listed in 2021 CHRISTIAN VOTER GUIDES | Prince William-Manassas Family Alliance (familyallianceonline.org)).
- Hampton Roads Black Caucus endorses Glenn Youngkin for governor | WAVY.com is a news story that indicates this will be an unusual election.
- Marijuana Isn’t Exactly On Virginia’s Ballot Next Month, But Legalization’s Fate Is, Advocates Say – Marijuana Moment and Like it or Not Cannabis is on the Ballot in Virginia in November – Cannabis Business Executive – Cannabis and Marijuana industry news indicates that some single issue voters have picked a rather peculiar issue for their obsession. Undoubtedly, however, there is a substantial amount of money involved.
- Virginia Churches and Virginia Christians: We Need You! Election is NOW: Sept 17-Nov 2 Vote Early – Virginia Christian Alliance (vachristian.org) encourages Virginia Christians to get involved and vote. This article links to the VCA Voter Guide (virginiachristianaction.org) above.