Here are the survey responses we currently have from candidates for the Prince William County Board of County Supervisors. Thus far we have sought responses only from those in contested firehouse primary races (see CONTESTED RACES IN THE PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE’S PARTY CANVAS).
Chairman (County-Wide) — Open Seat => Voter Guide for Chair, Board of County Supervisors
- John Gray: Survey results from John Gray
- Marty Nohe – Currently the Coles District Supervisor: Waiting for a response to the survey.
Supervisor, Gainesville Magisterial District => Voter Guide for Gainesville District County Supervisor
- Pete Candland – Incumbent: Survey Input from Pete Candland. NOTE: Unfortunately, Pete Candland did not respond in time for us to include his response in the printed version of our survey. Please inform your friends and neighbors that Candland did in fact respond and that they can verify his responses on our website.
- Ray Mizener: Survey input from Ray Mizener.
Supervisor, Coles Magisterial District — Open Seat => Voter Guide for Coles District County Supervisor.
- Paul O’Meara: Withdrawn from the race. (see the March 21st announcement on his facebook page here)
- Patrick Sowers: Survey result from Patrick Sowers. Note: When we queried the candidates about our voter guide, Mr. Sowers told us he had misunderstood one of our questions. So he clarified his response.
“Prohibit childcare and churches from discriminating in hiring on basis of sexual orientation”
I 100% oppose this. They must be able to choose who works there.
Note also that we updated the voter guide. We were unable to update the copy we had printed, we are distributing to churches, but we did update the version we have posted online. See the Voter Guide for Coles District County Supervisor.
- Yesli Vega: Survey input from Yesli Vega
Supervisor, Potomac District — Open Seat => Voter Guide for Potomac District County Supervisor